Well, I haven't posted in a looong time, but I do have a good reason. I have been really busy, but also, over the weekend, we were in Utah for My Great Grandma's funeral. We left on Friday, and it took us twelve hours to get there. We stayed at my dad's cousin's house, and there was SNOWWWWW!!!!We were so excited to see it, and the twins were very sad to hear that they wouldn't be allowed to play in it until after the funeral.
When we got to the church, my dad told us that there would be a viewing beforehand and a family prayer. I was a little nervous about seeing my grandma's body, since I had heard stories that people looked weird when they died. However, she looked so peaceful that I thought she was sleeping, and any second she would wake up. Our family prayer was offered by my great uncle, and it was very spiritual and it made me cry. My dad was a pall-bearer, and so were my uncles. We sang the song,"A child's prayer" and it was so great. When we went to the cemetery, it was beautiful and sunny, and I knew that that was how my grandma would have wanted it. We all got to take a rose, and I dried mine so I could keep it for a while. We went back to the church and had a luncheon, and then my mom let us play out in the snow while people visited. I listened to the stories my cousins and great uncles and great grandpa told, and I really wish I knew her better.
After the funeral, I got to go to my great aunt's hous and choose a few pieces of my grandma's jewelry to keep. I got a cool orange necklace, a bumblebee charm necklace, and this bracelet that has all of the names of her grandchildren, so its my dad and all of his siblings and cousins. It is just one of those things that I will always treasure, and it reminds me of her.
While we were there, my uncle Aaron asked my about the Stephanie Meyer books, and if I knew that the fourth one was coming out in May. I did not know this, but I was very suprised that he knew! He claimed that he is an English teacher and is all knowing, but really, he was at Barnes and Noble. (FYI--- It would have been even cooler if you ahd actually read them, even though they are a little pathetic)
So yeah, that was pretty much our stay in Utah. On our way home we stopped at the Everett's house, and it made me realize how much I missed Lauren!!! We talked for a long time, and it made me wish I lived near her again. When we went through the Gorge(I want to say its the Virgin River Gorge, but someone can correct me if needs be) THere was this HUGE storm with hail the size of umm... an M&M!!!! It started off gradually, and then there was so much that it covered the road and I was wondering if it made a dent in the car!!!! WE also went over the Hoover Dam, and I took lots of pictures, cuz that's what we were studying in Social Studies. It was really cool!!!!! I upload the pics later...
:D
Hannah
We went to dinner with my grandparents (great grandma died, not my first grandma) and two of my uncles. We went to a place called Bajio, and it was pretty good.
Schooled by Five Year-Olds
10 years ago
1 comment:
See my other post ... uncle Aaron has read the books!
Also, I'd love to know more about that bracelet. It sounds really cool. Can you post a picture? Or describe it more ... how are the names on the bracelet?
Post a Comment